Commissioned Watercolour Pet Portraits
Darren’s lively and contemporary approach to watercolour is captivating. It perfectly captures the unique character of your pet, bringing them to life in a beautiful painting that can be treasured forever.
How it works
- Select your painting size from the options below.
- Add a selection of photographs of your pet. These should be in focus, and should clearly show the animal’s face. We find the photographs that work best are those where your pet is within a few feet of the lens, and where they are looking up to the camera or to one side.
- Please include the name of your pet in the notes section of your order.
- Payment is made upon order, and your commission will be booked into our painting calendar. Portraits are usually delivered within four weeks, but can take up to twelve weeks during peak times - if you’re ordering a painting for a special occasion, we advise booking nice and early.
- Darren will get in touch with you to discuss the painting in more detail. This will include confirmation of the image Darren will use to create the perfect watercolour - full of character and striking when displayed in your home!
- Once the painting is complete, we will let you know it’s on its way. It will be delivered securely packaged flat, unframed and unmounted.
Details and Pricing
Darren paints using professional grade watercolour paints and premium quality 500gsm watercolour paper, giving your painting a first-class finish that is designed to last.
Sizes and pricing:
A4 (1 animal) - £110
A3 (1 animal) - £150
A3 (2 animals) - £250
These prices include shipping to UK – shipping to other areas will be calculated at checkout.
Do you only paint dogs and cats?
No! Darren can paint any pet – dogs and cats just happen to be especially popular.
Can I have multiple pets in one painting?
We offer options for 1 or 2 animals. If you’d like to discuss a painting with more than 2, please contact us and we’d be happy to discuss your options.
What are the size options for my painting?
Our standard and most popular size is A3 and we think this is a great option for any home, whilst being the ideal scale for capturing the right level of detail for any animal. We also offer A4 for individual pets. However, if you have an alternative size in mind, please contact us and we’d happy to discuss this with you.
Can I make copies of my painting?
Copyright remains with the artist – this means you will own the physical painting, but you will not own rights to the image or any subsequent prints produced from it. If you’d like to include prints for friends and family as part of your commission order, please contact us and we’d be happy to arrange this for you.
Will my commission appear on your website and social media?
Yes, it’s very likely you’ll see your commission on both our website and our social media channels! We love to share Darren’s work with our community, and they really enjoy seeing the new creations. Of course, if your commission is for a special occasion, we will keep it secret until it’s been given to the lucky recipient – just let us know when making your order.
How long will my painting take to arrive?
Usually, commissions are delivered within four weeks of your order being placed. However, Darren’s schedule can get very busy during peak times of the year, when delivery can take as much as twelve weeks – so we suggest placing your order early! If you’re hoping to have your painting for a specific date, please let us know when making your order and we will do our very best to have it with you in time.
UK Shipping rates
UK Tracked - 3-7 days from dispatch. FREE SHIPPING TO UK MAINLAND (not including highlands and islands)
Australia & New Zealand From £10 up to 7 to 14 days.
Digital Gift Card
Same day - sent to the email provided with your order
Original Pet Portraits Commissions
Please see our Commission a Pet Portrait page for the latest lead times on commissions.